Ever After Author Affair

Hosted by Once Upon a Crush Book Blog and Author Angela Graham
July 18th, 2015
Columbus OH



Monday, October 27, 2014

Rivers by Jennifer Rae Gravely

Black_scroll_with_transparent_background 3

Title: Rivers Author: Jennifer Rae Gravely Series: Orders of the Sky #2 Genre: New Adult Publisher: Blue Tulip Publishing

Black_scroll_with_transparent_background 3 Black_scroll_with_transparent_background 3
 
synopsis
I’ve always been fascinated by ghosts. They’re simply lost souls looking for the conclusion to their story. After years of chasing the phantom of Stone into the night, I’ve sought to live and love again in the new chapter of my life. I’m not the naïve girl I once was. I know what I want, what I need. But like the tortured spirits wandering the earth, can I find the happy ending I crave or will the apparitions of the past destroy any chance of everlasting bliss?
51289-add-to-goodreads-button  
Excerpt  
Fairy dance
“You are delightful.” Jackson stared admiringly. I wore a magical dress as sheer as butterfly’s wings in the palest of blues. He held me in his arms. The lights in the gardens twinkled like lightning bugs. “This could have been the wedding of fairies. I’ve never seen such an affair. It must’ve been your idea.” Mamma shimmered in the silver mist of the twilight as Parker whirled her around the dance floor in the rose garden. “How did you know?” I giggled. “Too Shakespearean?” “No,” he said, grinning. “Absolutely charming. Especially the rainbow.” He held me tighter and twirled me around. “The rainbow was Sammy’s idea.” I glanced at my sister in her pale pink fairy gown dancing withTravis. I pushed away regret and clung to Jackson. “Let’s walk down our path to the river,” Jackson said. “I’d love to.” I put my arm in his. Summertime rose blooms covered the wrought iron arbor ahead. Passing under the archway, we left the gardens for the myriad of trails that led down to the river and marshlands. The full moon lit our path toward the footbridge and we avoided the muddiest areas. “Too bad we can’t dangle our feet.” I stepped out on the planks in three inch heels. “Maybe tomorrow.” He stopped walking. I took another step forward before twisting to him behind me. My heel jammed in the crevice of the wood. I leaned down to loosen the shoe. “I’d like to see you the day after that too—” I lost my balance. Air and then water twisted my body end over end over end. The current tugged and water began filling my lungs. Darkness drifted over me. “It’s okay, Andie. It’ll be okay. Please come back to me.” He cradled me in his arms. His lips brushed my forehead. “Stone, I want to come back.” Inky darkness swallowed me.    
Black_scroll_with_transparent_background 3
Black_scroll_with_transparent_background 3
Orders of the Sky Series
 
  drown 500x750-2  
 
 
Black_scroll_with_transparent_background 3
 
Playlist
[spotify id="spotify:user:jennifergravely:playlist:1MCKm4DEpA3al6s8MLtdyf" width="300" height="380" /]
 
Black_scroll_with_transparent_background 3
Black_scroll_with_transparent_background 3
Author Bio
 
Jennifer Rae Gravely
Sweet. Sassy. Southern. Born in Ohio but raised in Pickens, SC, Jennifer Rae Gravely graduated from Converse College with a triple major in History, Politics, and English before earning a master's degree in education. Returning to her high school alma mater to teach English and coach volleyball, Gravely's teams won five state championships and seven upper state titles in eleven years. Moreover, the SCACA named her coach of the year for the 2013 season. Jennifer writes about the fictional Southern town of Keowee. The Astraea Press novels, Knight of the Dead and Set to Love, in addition to the short story, "Love and Diamonds," deal with present day Keowee and are contemporary romances. The edgier novels of the Orders of the Sky series Drown and Rivers, published by Blue Tulip Publishing, take place in the eighties and nineties and are best classified as new adult fiction. She lives with her husband, daughter, seven beagles, and three cats. Jennifer loves to talk beagles, balls, and books!
 
Black_scroll_with_transparent_background 3
Hosted by:
love profile 1b
Black_scroll_with_transparent_background 3

1 comment :